Meet the Teacher!

I'm linking up with my good friend Stephanie for a "Meet the Teacher" linky! It's so much fun to learn a little more about each other!
 Let's start with a little bio...
I am married to the most wonderful husband! Josh and I went to high school together but were never really close. We reconnected in college and became close friends. He kept on wanting it to be more than friends...I wasn't ready yet! 4 years later we started dating and the rest is history!
We have a 6 {6!!! I can't believe it!!} year old- Ella and a 3 1/2 {that half is very important!} year old- Luke. They are the greatest gift from God! Ella is spunky and opinionated and will be a very good leader one day. Luke is charming and hard headed- just like his daddy!

This will be my 6th year teaching. They have all been in Pre-K and Kinder. I love my little babies! I took a year off to stay home when we had Luke and couldn't stand to be away from the classroom anymore!

 Q: These are a few of my favorite things…
new school supplies, labels, hugs from my little boy in the morning when he sneaks into bed, coffee with sugar and half and half, craft supplies, the colors pink, orange, and teal. Breakfast pizza, texts from my husband during the day, west Texas sunsets, reading anything!
 
Q: If you weren’t a teacher, what would you want to be?

I think a graphic designer? I used to think I wanted to be an Interior Designer...I even changed my major for a year and a half. Then I had an internship and realized it was all office work! Blech!!
 
Q: Three little words that describe you.
 
optimistic, caring, creative


Q: Finish this sentence, “___________________, said no teacher EVER!!”

Please touch me with those snotty fingers! I love it when you do that!!

Q: It’s your birthday and you can invite anyone {dead or alive} to the party. Who are you inviting?

Oprah. She's so inspirational and has helped so many people! It would be great to sit down and talk to her. 

Q: If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?

Adventures with Mommy!


Q: You get to pick one superpower. What is it?

magic-wand cleaning-thing! I actually don't mind cleaning...but I hate the TIME it takes to do it! 

Q: What’s your favorite quote or saying?

SO SO many! I love quotes. You can see my family pin board HERE and my teaching pin board HERE
Love your family. Spend time, be kind & serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised & today is short.Unknown

Q: If you HAD to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be? 

Probably something old school! Some good 'ol Dixie Chicks {Earl, anyone?!}

Q: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Definitely morning! I can't stay awake past midnight. And that's only on a special occasion! lol! I love the quiet time with coffee in the morning before the house is awake. You can't get any better than that!

Q: What’s your favorite resource that you’ve created in your TPT shop?

I love this Alphabet Interactive Notebook pack! I've used it the past few years and my kiddos adore theirs! 

Q: Share something we might not know about you!

I had scarlet fever when I was in college. You thought it only happened like, in the 1900's? Well, leave it to me! It was horrible! It was mostly my fault because I wasn't taking very good care of myself but I am hoping to never experience that again!

Now hop over to Stephanie's blog and read about some more of your favorite teacher bloggers!!
http://fallingintofirst.blogspot.com/.../meet-teacher...

19 comments

  1. Hi Nicole,
    My husband had scarlet fever as a kid....back in the 1970's LOL
    Loved the post!
    karen
    Smarticle Particles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may need to borrow your superpower!!!

    Sami @ http://liveandlearnseibertway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Scarlett Fever my first year of teaching...probably from the aforementioned snotty nosed kids from your quote!! Your family is adorable - love that Josh's persistence paid off!!

    Slainte,
    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you crack me up! Yes, do touch me with those snotty fingers. {SICK}.
    Your family is adorable!

    Hope
    Teaching With Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snotty finger answer! I love you blog! Its so great to learn more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this, Nicole! It's funny how similar some of our answers were. When we finally meet in person, we'll have to make the most of our early mornings together! Ha!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a beautiful family. My grand daughter just turned 4 and her name is Ella. So enjoyed getting to know yu a little better.
    Arlene
    LMN Tree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family is just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty family!! I also LOVE quotes, I write them everywhere!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your snotty nose quote! So true. Earl is a good choice for a song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family picture is adorable! I love Oprah, breakfast pizza and hugs from my little guy when he sneaks into my room in the morning too! :)
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicole, we can be scarlet fever buddies! I had it four (FOUR!!) times from the ages of 17 to 20. It was horrible and crazy, but my immune system seems to be functioning properly again since I haven't had it in 14 years.

    Dawn @ Revenge of the Thirds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want a magic wand cleaning thing, too. If only I could buy one at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scarlett Fever and Snotty Hands! That would make a great book title..or reality tv show! Your family is BEAUTIFUL! Best of luck with the upcoming school year!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, I have to tell you.. I LOVE your blog layout! It's too cute :)

    I'm with you there on new school supplies. BTS shopping is just too fun when there's A LOT of sales! #teacherdanger

    I'm glad I came across your blog through the Meet the Teacher linky party :)

    Leanna
    A Little of LiLi
    lilismilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top