Thanksgiving... already?!

You guys- do you realize how close we are to Thanksgiving?!

I'm linking up with one of my favorite bloggers today for a fun Thanksgiving linky party!!
{click the button to see other bloggers' recipes!}
 First things first, DeAnne is hosting a Holiday recipe linky! Who doesn't need new ideas when getting ready for Thanksgiving??

In our family, I'm usually in charge of the turkey- my in laws aren't big cookers (is that right?!) and so I was designated official turkey baker 4 years ago! Here's a picture of my very first turkey- it turned out great, right?! I was SO nervous, and my turkey that I had put in the fridge for 4 days before Thanksgiving had not defrosted completely!! I had to finish thawing it the morning of...and we didn't end up eating until around 8 but it was worth the wait!
I got the recipe from the 2003 November issue of Bon Apetit. I looked through a billion magazines my mom had and the internet and cook books for weeks before I decided on one! It turned out great, so I've kept the recipe the same since!
Click {HERE} to get the recipe!

P.S. I've been working on some Christmas/ winter themed stations and have been using a LOT of my friend Tessa's digital papers. Have you seen them?! She is new to creating digital products and they are *fabulous*!
Here's a sample of one of her papers in my new pack-in-the-works! LOVE! Go download them. now! They're free! Click HERE to snag!

Photobucket

8 comments

  1. Thanks for the link to the digital paper. I can't wait to see how your new stations turn out. BTW your turkey looks yummy!!

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave girl to take on a turkey that size! It does look delicious!! :)

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bird:)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turkey looks awesome....it was a few years before I volunteered to make any big dinner for my in-laws and I still get nervous when I do it!

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out girl!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the papers! Adorable! Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prosciutto and hazelnuts? I think I'm in love! Thanks for sharing!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top