Kindergarten Comprehension

Good morning!
I hope you all had a fabulous and blessed Christmas! Ours was great! AND today is my little boy's birthday! Happy 2nd birthday LUKE!
 He's pretty much the cutest little boy ever, right?! ;)

I've been working on a few things on and off the past few weeks and FINALLY had time to get this little bugger finished up, and I am so excited about it!

Some of my kids really struggle with comprehension as they are reading out guided reading books. They have no problems during read alouds, but when you're focusing on the letter sounds and stretching the words out and punctuation, I can imagine it would be easy to lose meaning for these emergent readers!

So I created this little packet:
There are 3 different levels of reading passages and 5 "create a story" pages included all with visuals corresponding to the passage AND graphic organizers for any story you can imagine! Now one of the best things about teaching Kindergarten and having a daughter almost-Kindergarten age?! I get to use her as a guinea pig!
I read the passage to her and we went through and colored the words by the key and she helped to put the matching visuals onto the story board. (I put magnet tape on the back of the board/ visuals and slapped it onto a cookie sheet)

{To get this page for free click on over to my product page and "download preview}
And the best part- I have it 50% off until tomorrow only so you can get 60 pages for $3.00!

p.s. One of my SUPER sweet and fabulous followers recently became a blogger herself! I'm so excited we can officially call each other "blogging friends". She has a super cute emergent reader freebie up! Head on over to her blog {it's adorable!!} and tell her I sent you!

Photobucket

14 comments

  1. I love this packet! Checking it out right now! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a kindergartener at home who would love that packet! It looks like fun. I am hosting a giveaway for the New Year and would love for you to stop by and check it out. Thank you for all your wonderful fonts too! I love them.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2nd Birthday, Luke!!I hope you have a great day!~Ms.Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to check out your packet. I am heading over to TPT right now to check it out. I love more and more ideas to help my students become successful readers.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your little cute! Hope he has a wonderful day! Michele @ The Lightbulb Lab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bought your comprehension pack! It looks great. I teach first grade but I still have students who would benefit from it. Thanks!

    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics! And the pack is AWESOME!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work here, & LOVE your precious pics of your sweet little ones!! Too precious!!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your little guy!!! Time flies, doesn't it?!? Your new comprehension pack looks amazing!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little guy is darling!
    Just got the comp. back~ can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! Happy birthday to Luke! Look what a manly shirt he's wearing in that pic too! hee hee :) He's adorable!!

    And thanks for the shout out, my friend! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these comprehension sheets but I also just had to mention, my son's 2nd birthday was on Thursday (the 27th). He's a little blondie as well. Happy birthday to your December boy. :)
    wholwheatclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top