Ornaments!

Oh my!
2 days left?! We've had our Christmas lunch and Christmas party so far this week- still have Polar Express pajama day to go and then all the craziness will be over! whew! 

I've had a super busy few weeks- my little sis graduated from A&M last weekend and I went down with my family to see her- so glad I was there, but I *could've* done without the 16 hour car ride round trip! 
{you wouldn't know it but I was standing on my tippy toes for this picture- I may be the older sibling but I'm definitely not the "big" sister!}

She's going to be a teacher, eventually, too- but she's going to teach BIG kids. High school Chemistry- can you imagine?!?! "Not I" said the Kindergarten teacher in me!

Looking for an ornament to make as parent gifts?
I've made these craft clay ornaments the past 2 years and they are always a big hit! 1) I get to cook with my kiddos (LOVE it!) and 2) the kids get to choose what they want 3) you don't have to bake them and 4)they include a picture of their kids... who doesn't want to look back in 15 years and have a picture from their kid in Kindergarten?!

{after rolling out the dough I let my kids choose what they want to cut out}
 {I punch holes out to put their pictures in after they dry and we paint}
 {almost finished!}
I write "Kindergarten" and the year underneath their picture. Aren't they so cute and individual?!
Now I just need to make these ornaments with Ella!

Photobucket

10 comments

  1. Super cute, Nicole!! You make it look very easy!
    :-) Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they salt dough ornaments? Also, how did you cut out the middle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are different from salt dough- you don't have to bake these! There is a link up top where you can get the recipe! The middle is a circle cookie cutter I have. I think I bought it in a set of 4 or 5 different sized circles.

      Delete
  3. I would love to make these next year! Keepsakes, that's what it's all about!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this recipe!! I tried to make ornaments a few years back and they never got hard. Clearly my recipe wasn't a good one! :) Thanks for posting this. I've been meaning to make ornaments with my class and my own kids. Yours turned out so great!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute!! Love this idea! We have pj day today....I think I can, I think I can.....my kids are very sweet but have been very wound up all week!! Have a great last few days:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these ornaments! What a great keepsake for the parents!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top