Earth Day fun!

Hi friends!
 I hope you all had a fabulous Earth Day yesterday! We spent ours playing with the family that lives behind us on the new swing set! They have kids EXACTLY the same age as ours - so much fun!!

Because we weren't actually at school on Earth day we started brainstorming about ways to keep our earth healthy last Friday. We watched Brainpopjr.com's "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" video - it's a free one if your school does not have an account. If they don't, I highly recommend looking into it! My kids LOVE Moby!! HERE is the link. 
After watching Brainpop and brainstorming some ways we could reduce, reuse, and recycle, each one of my kids got a sticky note to write a way that they could help - we discussed how any one at any age could help make a difference. 
Today when we got back to school we wrote in our journals about the ideas we brainstormed and then transferred onto this paper:
 Tomorrow we have STAAR testing all day - so I've planned this little craftivity to keep them quiet and busy so we don't bother the 3rd and 4th graders testing! I can't wait to get them all up - they'll be so cute! I got the hand "heart" idea from Pinterest. (I think it was a Mother's Day craft - it looks great on the Earth for Earth Day!)

 This is how I cut the hands -traced my kiddo's hand onto a folded sheet of paper. the pointer and thumb should be touching the folded edge so that when you open it there is a perfect little heart - adorable!
 Here is the finished project - I will post more pictures when I have the rest of them up!
If you'd like the writing sheet, you can grab it by clicking on the picture below. I'm linking this up to Classroom Freebies' Manic Monday - go check out all the other fabulous freebies by clicking on the button!
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

Oh! My friend Jessica over at A Turn to Learn is throwing a giveaway featuring some wonderful goodies ($50 worth!!!) from lots of blogging friends you might know (myself included! :) Hop on over and check it out- tell her I sent you!
 I hope you have a fabulous rest of the week!
Photobucket

10 comments

  1. This activity is adorable! I love the Earth with the connecting hands to make a heart. :) Thanks for sharing!

    I am your newest follower!

    http://thewizardofboz.blogspot.com

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Earth Day activities! thanks for sharing.
    I just found you through classroom freebies.

    http://readingwithmissd.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart your idea! Thank you for sharing! P.S. I am your newest follower!

    Sylvia
    I Heart My Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute for Earth Day! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I have gotten so many ideas this year from Pinterest too :) Excited to be your newest follower.

    Michala
    thehallyhousehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found you through the classroom freebies too. Thank you so much for sharing this cute idea. I just started following you too.

    Stacy
    http://simpsonsuperstars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Found your blog from A Turn to Learn. I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out and the wonderful freebie! This is amazing as always! I'll definitely be using it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I found your blog through the Manic Monday Linky Party. I'm a new follower! Love your cute creativity! Thanks for sharing.

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top