Mummies and goodies oh my!

Hi!
We were knees deep in Red Ribbon week activities this week- you know how the week is a little nuts-o because of all the dress up days! Oh, and Mrs. A decided to get a stomach bug on Tuesday! blegh!

Last year at this time...we had an epic stomach bug at the Alderson household. ALL 4 of us were sick for a WEEK! It was awful!! And I know that it was exactly this time last year because when I pulled up last year's newsletter to edit this week I was apologizing for being absent so many days in a row!

I don't know what it is about this time of the year!

Anyway... it was only a one day deal this time. Not so bad.... not so great, either! 
So some of the things I had planned got pushed back and squished in but what can ya do??

I had these little mummies planned for our door this week.. did you see Caitlin's post last year?? A-door-able! I got my inspiration from her door!

{is this a hot mess or what?!}

I'm sorry this is an awful picture- I didn't have my camera so just made do with my phone!
It says "Our mummies say.. 'Don't get wrapped up in drugs"

I love that it ties in Halloween AND red ribbon week :) Plus, my kids have a thing for tear art this year. Fine motor skills anyone??

On another note- some of my best blogging buddies and I are throwing a "Trick or Treat" sale on TPT starting tomorrow! I'm still working on my Thanksgiving packet, but everything in my store will be 20% off!


Photobucket

7 comments

  1. Ooh! I love this! I might be borrowing this idea for next year! Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Mummies are too cute!!!! Can I join the sale????

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mummies are adorable! I'm pinning your picture so I can use that idea next year when Halloween and Red Ribbon week rolls around!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole,
    I love your mummy door...very cute and creative! Have a great Halloween!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! I'll have to remember that for next year as we just finished Red Ribbon Week too. The dress up days are fun, but they definitely make the whole teaching week a little more eventful, both good and bad. Friday was homecoming so I had to deal with firsties in these giant mums. I'm in East Texas btw. :) Glad you are feeling better!
    Shibahn
    www.landoflearning.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top