I've been tagged!

I've been tagged! Jessica at A Turn to Learn tagged me, so here goes!

Here Are The Rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)

1. What was the best thing that happened in your classroom this week?
This was at my school, not really my classroom - my District does "shout outs" for teachers that anyone can use to give a pat on the back for a good job - and I got one! For creating this blog! 
 
2. What is your favorite "kids say the darndest thing" type quote from your classroom?
I just love how honest they are - we have to wear badges with our pictures on it for identification when we are at school. One of my Kinders was looking at the picture and said "Mrs. Alderson, this picture doesn't look like you!" I asked her why not and she replied "You can't see your wrinkles in the picture." hahahaha!! Well, thanks, friend! It's ya'll who are giving me them!!
 
3. What is your favorite subject and/or topic to teach?
Definitely ELAR - I love teaching reading and writing. I love seeing my students learn to read and use their creative minds!

4. When did you first know that you wanted to be a teacher?
I went back and forth a lot - I always knew I wanted to work with children. I was a T.A. at my old elementary school through a "Future Texas Teachers" program in high school. I started out college as an Early Childhood Education major, then I switched to Interior Design (it sounded like fun!) then realized sitting in an office just really isn't for me. I ended up graduating with Human Development and Family Studies and then went back for my teaching certification. I knew it was what I was meant to do all along!

5. What is your favorite teacher program that you use either with your kids or to create things?
I loooooove to dance and sign and play in school - what better way to remember skills?! I use YouTube counting videos a lot and have you guys heard of Greg and Steve? Look them up! "Bop until you drop". Good brain break!
 
6. What is your favorite book to use as a read aloud?
My kids have been obsessed with "A Bad Case of Stripes" by David Shannon. It can reach a million different topics, and is so fun to read!
 
7. What is your favorite book to read yourself (a teacher book or a book for fun)?
I love reading anything! I especially love to read chick lit (guilty!) just for fun. I just finished the Hunger Games series and they were so good! Sad that one's over!
 
8. What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Do what you love and love what you do.
 
9. How you do balance blogging with teaching and with family?
My husband calls me "The Mad blogger" LOL. I'm a little obsessive over this newfound hobby. OOPS! I am getting better at it though and this summer will be great!
 
10: If you had won that 640 million dollar mega millions jackpot, would you still teach?!
YES! But only part time - I don't think I could give up working forever. But maaaaybe if we had won the 64 million we would be so busy traveling I couldn't haha! I would want to spend the time with my two babies - they are only little once!

OK, Here are the questions for my tagged friends!
1. What is your favorite season?
2. How many schools have you worked at?
3. Do you have any children?
4. Chocolate or Vanilla?
5. Are you crafty? At school or at home?
6. What is your favorite hobby?
7. What is your favorite form of Professional Development?
8. How much caffeine does it take to get you through the day?! haha!
9. What do you usually do over the summer?
10. What is your least favorite thing about teaching?

The friends I am tagging are:
 
Kelly at Busy in K

Sorry ladies!! LOL Look forward to reading your posts!

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. I'm your newest follower :)

    love your colorful blog design!

    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edana! I'm coming over to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. I love Greg and Steve! I totally forgot about them though... I used to listen to them all the time when I worked at Pre-K. I'm going to have to find my CD now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yes! That's when I started using them - when I taught Pre-K! Love them!

      Delete
  3. Love the cute layout!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top